Friday, June 15, 2007

A Crush on You

(An excerpt from an article I've read @ http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/jej_crush.aspx)

... I prayed about my crush situation the other day. It was not the typical, “Oh please God, let him like me.” That kind of prayer is reserved for the moments when I’m nervously shaking his hand while reminding myself to breathe.

My prayer was more like: “God, a crush is supposed to feel good. Why am I so miserable?”His answer: “Because what you’re really feeling is two parts excitement and three parts insecurity.”

"Insecurity?" I said to myself, “I am totally confident. I am a pillar of confidence. I have confidence oozing out of my ears.”

At least that’s what I thought. The deeper I dug inside myself, the image of me as an adolescent was more accurate...

... But the Father already knows us. Jeremiah 1:5 says that God knew us before we were even a thought in our mother’s mind. Not to mention that, while it’s man’s job to emphasize the outward appearance, God looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).

Not only does He know you, the Father has a crush on you. He cannot stop thinking of you. What’s more is His crush goes beyond empty infatuation to a real deep longing. It’s a love that’s wild, passionate, and a little embarrassing...

No comments: